Security Ops Center Dispatcher Day - #196827
Date: 06/08/2022 08:30 AM
City: Orlando, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Security Operations Center Dispatcher – Security – AdventHealth Orlando
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Days
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Communicates and documents Security Officer activities for routine patrols, posting, and assignment of calls for service.
- Answers emergency and non-emergency telephone for the Security Operations Center.
- Performs facility electronic lockdown as directed by department policy.
- Monitors fire safety systems and dispatches appropriate resources when fire alarms are activated.
- Monitors and dispatches response to infant abduction alarms, medical gas alarms, and access control alarms.
- Exhibits good judgment and authoritative demeanor during critical situations while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism.
- Documents calls for service utilizing a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software.
- Utilizes Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) systems to monitor cameras that monitor in progress situations and relay observed information to field responders per department procedures.
- Maintains logs of all deceased patients within the Hospital System and receives information via telephone from the legally authorized person regarding arrangements for the release of deceased patients from Hospital.
- Utilizes phone and mass notification systems to notify Hospital stakeholders and leadership of significant events
- May log calls for services, response times, and the outcome
- Parking Decal issuance - Staff and Physicians
- Badge Activation and Deactivation
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Ability to maintain composure and ensure accuracy in assigning and documenting tasks in a fast-paced environment that includes frequent interruptions, changes in priorities, and under stressful circumstances
- High security awareness
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients, visitors, and/or employees
- Communications skills must focus on customer service by maintaining proper telephone and radio etiquette
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English • Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High School Grad or GED Equiv., 0 years experience
- Knowledge of security and fire systems, software and technology including CCTV, Access Control, Duress, Infant Protection, Computer Aided Dispatching, and Physical Security Information Management systems
- Prior dispatching experience in healthcare security, law enforcement, or fire/emergency medical services
- Knowledge and experience in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Hospital Incident Command System (HICS)
- BLS certification
- State driver's license
- International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Certified Healthcare Security Officer (CHSO)
The Security Dispatcher is responsible for maintaining professional, effective, and efficient operation of AdventHealth Security Operations Center. Coordinates activity of Security Officers in the field and communicates via radio. Receives calls for Maintenance, BioMed, Transport, Interpreter Services, AeroScout Alarms, Security Dispatch, Panic Alarms, Door Alarms, Fire Alarms, Incident Notification, Decedent Care process, HUGS Alarms, via telephone from patients, visitors, and employees. Maintains records associated with the Security Operations Center. Monitors alarms to systems for medical gas, fire and life safety, infant abduction, access control, and generators. Dispatches appropriate resources via radio and telephone for response to system alarms. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.