Parts and Service Supervisor - #196885
Big Tex Trailer Manufacturing Llc
Date: 06/08/2022 09:00 AM
City: Beaumont, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a job working for Big Tex Trailer World
The Parts and Service Supervisor is responsible for driving department sales and productivity; training and directing Service Technicians; providing great customer service and automotive experience while servicing, repairing trailers and installing truck beds, snowplows, towing systems, and other related products; ensuring that parts and supplies are ordered, received and cycle counted; managing the service process and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell parts and service source and prospect service and parts business with focus on commercial accounts.
- Confer with customers, read, and write work orders. List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams. Must have the ability to quote service work.
- Supervise Service Technicians and schedules service jobs with the goal of maximizing productivity.
- Manage trailer rentals, service processes and systems.
- Manage the Warranty process and performs warranty service.
- Train and coach Service Technicians.
- Perform service, repair, and accessory installation on new and used trailers, truck beds, trailer tow vehicles and snowplows.
- Examine, test, adjust, and repair bearings, lights, wiring, and brake assemblies of trailers and tow vehicles.
- Replace and repair worn and defective parts. Lay out, fit, drill, screw, rivet, and weld to repair, replace and/or install parts and accessories on trailers, truck beds, tow vehicles, snowplows, and accessories. Install wood or metal flooring.
- Complete service paperwork or computer system entry completely and timely.
- Maintain service parts log and submit to management as required.
- Perform multi-point inspections to assess customer’s service and parts needs.
- Help customers hook up trailers. Performs visual safety inspection (lights, safety chain, decking etc.)
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Previous applicable work experience
3-5 years applicable work experience preferred
Proven ability to weld (MIG and oxy-acetylene)
Valid Driver’s License
Trade School Diploma preferred
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Must be able to work Monday – Saturday including overtime as needed