Casual Substance Misuse Prevention Specialist (Part-Time) - #196905
Education Development Center
Date: 06/08/2022 09:00 AM
City: Waltham, Massachusetts
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
STRONG CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED.
The Health Promotion, Practice, and Innovation (HPPI) Portfolio has an opening for a Trainer/Facilitator specializing in substance misuse prevention reporting to the Senior Project Director in the EDC Chicago Office.
This is a casual position. Casual employees generally work on specific projects, as needed. A casual position receives statutory benefits of Social Security contributions, Medicare contributions, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance and sick leave. A casual position ends when work is complete.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise internally to EDC staff conducting related work under prevention solutions (i.e. substance misuse prevention, emerging issues, evidence-based practices)
- Develop and deliver webinars and trainings as requested on relevant topics associated with substance misuse prevention
- Serve as facilitator for strategic planning work associated with prevention of substance misuse.
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Number of years of experience in specific field: 3-5 Years
- Skills: Training, Instructional Design, Strategic Planning
- Ability to travel? Yes, as requested for onsite training, at meetings or conferences, and to facilitate strategic planning.
- Degree: Bachelors or Associates
- Field: Public Health
What We Offer:
- This position is eligible for telework for US-based candidates.
- A mission-driven culture
At EDC, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all US-based EDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.