Clinical Nurse Supervisor (FT) - #196944
Date: 06/08/2022 09:00 AM
City: Fairlee, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
3 West Inpatient Surgery – Clinical Nurse Supervisor, Nights
3West is a 36-bed post-surgical unit that specializes in orthopedics, traumatic injury and plastic surgery. We also have two negative pressure rooms that can accommodate patients who are being ruled out for TB and who have a diagnosis of active tuberculosis or shingles. We also will see medicine overflow for patients with Cystic Fibrosis, so our population can be varied.
Manages patient assignments and flow within inpatient care unit. Provides oversight of direct patient care to support patient and staff needs. Serves as a lead, clinical resource, role model, and extension of management to uphold institutional priorities, policies and practices. Assigns staff to patients per current unit workload. Considers pod acuity, staff experience and competency, learning needs and patient acuity/complexity when considering shift assignments. Participates in performance management of staff members to include coaching, preparation of performance evaluations, and the performance management process. Initiates disciplinary action as appropriate. Addresses conflicts as they may arise. Assists/mediates to maintain smooth operations of the unit. Involves unit leadership or House Supervisor as appropriate. Facilitates timely admissions and discharges to optimize clinical capacity.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor's Degree (e.g. BSN, BA, BS) at time of hire, or degree expected within 36 months of hire.
- 2 years of progressive responsibility within an acute care setting required.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within assigned unit.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated abilities with problem solving, leadership, communication, fiscal responsibility and teamwork.
- Ability to work effectively in groups of employees and with patients and patient families is essential.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or higher per unit specific requirements.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
CURRENT EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION