Summer Activities Attendant - #196960
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Snowbird, Utah
Salary: $16 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
$16/hr plus end of season bonus for excellent attendance
First day of work: June 13th Last day of work: October 16th
As a Summer Activities Attendant you'll work under the direction of Director of Tram & Lifts to ensure the safe use and operation of Snowbird’s alpine slide, Bungee Trampoline, Chickadee chairlift, Peruvian chairlift, Peruvian tunnel and various other activities.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be operating chairlifts, alpine slide, bungee trampoline, Wrecktangle and other outdoor activitiesthat are part of our Summer Activities. You'll do this in a safe and efficient manner. This includes ensuring the area around the lift stations and activity stations are free of hazards. You'll make sure the daily logs are filled out and correct. You'll be greeting guests and giving instructions on how to participate in each activity safely. You'll be answering any guest questions or problems while using the Snowbird S.T.A.R. Service Standards. You'll make sure everyone participating in the activities has a valid ticket or wrist band.
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence. This means understanding the importance of providing excellent customer service while always being safe.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, speaking, math and interpersonal skills.
- Requires basic mechanical skills for maintenance of equipment, sleds, tents and possible use of two-way radio. Requires ability to work well with others.
- Needs to be able to fill out log sheets in a legible manner. Must be able to present and conduct oneself in an appropriate, professional manner.
- 4 days per week, 10:00am - 8:30pm.
- There will be days with longer schedules based on special events.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour