Logistics Analyst - #196988
Sisecam Chemicals Resources
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Pine Mountain, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Sisecam Chemicals Resources (formerly Ciner Wyoming), founded in 2015 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia is one of the world's largest producers of natural soda ash. Our Green River, WY plant has been providing high quality products to companies across North America and around the globe since 1962.
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
The Logistics Analyst is responsible for providing analysis in support of strategic efforts and monitoring all logistics activities (domestic truck, domestic rail, domestic terminal). Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Assist FAP with freight payable approval process to ensure all invoices are paid according to contract terms and resolve incorrect invoices.
- Develops new routes and provides quotes for new business requirements.
- Manages Transportation System to correctly accrue freight cost, pay freight invoices, calculate demurrage and maintain freight rates.
- Assist with freight accruals reconciliation, including rebates and mileage earnings.
- Assists in creating yearly freight budget.
- Serves as backup for the creation of waybills and BOL for railcar shipments.
- Maintains relationship with railroads and trucking companies, including adding carriers and strategic vendors.
- Provides support to other areas as needed for special projects.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes while focusing on safety and best practices.
- This is not a remote position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, engineering, or related field of study, or has equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to ascertain and solve problems.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), SQL and other datamining tools.
- IT programming skills are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Six Sigma, LEAN and/or Kaizen is a plus.
- Proficiency with an ERP system and Transportation Management System.
Sisecam Chemicals Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sisecam complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.