School Nurse - Full time - #197001
Fall Mountain School District
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Cornish, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- School Nurse - Full timeJobID: 1519
Student Support Services/School Nurse
Charlestown Middle School
Open until filled
FALL MOUNTAIN REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Position Title: School Nurse
Terms of Employment: 189 days per year
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of New Hampshire.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Prior or related job experience
Reports to: Principal
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Agreement between the FMRSD and the Fall Mountain Teachers Association, Inc.
To provide the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absence due to illness and creating an educational climate of health and wellness in district schools.
- Assist the school physician and administrators in developing a school health program.
- Participate in the work of the health curriculum committee.
- Conduct school programs of immunization, physical examinations, and sight and hearing testing as outlined by the State of New Hampshire school health manual.
- Observe students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Instruct teachers on screening students for health defects.
- Maintain up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Report to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters
- Visit students' homes when necessary.
- Assume authority, in the absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or emergency illness.
- Administer first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Implement policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases according to State of NH Department of Health and Human Services guidelines set by the CDC.
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Assist school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Develop and team teach cross-curricular units/interdisciplinary with teachers.
- Perform any other related services requested by the Principal.
Fall Mountain Regional School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fall Mountain Regional School District does not, and will not, tolerate discrimination or harassment of students because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, age, marital status, familial status, economic status, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, or sexual orientation. Fall Mountain Regional School District does not, and will not, tolerate discrimination or harassment of school employees because of age, sex, race, religion, color, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, national origin, ancestry or sexual orientation. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”) is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, in education programs and activities. All public and private educational institutions that receive any federal funds must comply with Title IX.
Email To A Friend
Job Type: Full-time