Administrative Assistant I - #197003
Oregon Community Programs
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Eugene, Oregon
Salary: $1,507 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Oregon Community Programs is a nonprofit agency providing therapy to children with high behavioral needs and their families, including youth in foster care. We maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment.
We are a team of 47 skilled therapists, clinical interns, mentors, skills trainers, and administrative staff who are also hikers, dog lovers, kayakers, DIY fanatics, travelers, bikers, photographers, and musicians. As both colleagues and friends, we enjoy working together to bring enthusiasm and a team-oriented focus to our programs and projects.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant I
Do you like being engaged and busy every day, in a positive and enjoyable work environment? Would you like to work in a dog-friendly environment? We are filling a newly created entry-level administrative position to join our eight-person administrative team.
- Process, compare and scan all types of paperwork and documentation
- Assemble packets given to foster parents
- Update scheduled lists and logs
- Provide backup on regular projects
Assist the Admin team
- Attend to a range of miscellaneous requests from staff
- Provide backup in many other areas
- Complete small projects
- Provide shared backup to the receptionist (breaks, lunches, days out)
- Empty employee offices upon departure and set up offices for new employees
- Oversee printers/copies (paper, glass, toners)
- Help reception tidy and clean kitchens
- Conduct inventory checks of kitchen-related items
- Purchase creamers, teas, dish soap, honey, etc.
- Clean the on-site refrigerators monthly
- Purchase cakes and set up for office celebrations
Assist Marketing Coordinator
- Help with planning and implementation of OCP marketing events
- Manage small projects
- Run errands as requested
- Place and unpack orders for supplies and other marketing needs
- Provide general administrative support (stapling, measuring, organizing, addressing mailers, etc.)
And other duties as assigned in all areas.
Our ideal candidate
This is an entry-level administrative assistant position with a path for growth. We will train the right person.
- One year of education beyond high school and one-year related experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training
- Thrives in a team setting, enjoys working in a collaborative office culture
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of people
- Comfortable in a dog-friendly office, where people bring their dogs to work
- Types accurately, with solid spelling and grammar skills
- Excellent attention to detail for accuracy and consistency
- Good communication skills, also comfortable with frequent interruptions
- Good organizational skills, time management
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
- Ability to work independently and with moderate supervision
Job Grade 10
Full-time, M-F, starting base compensation $15.07, higher DOE and additional increase for Spanish bilingual skills. Eligible for increase at six months.
Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Generous benefits package includes comprehensive medical and dental, and 6 weeks of paid company holidays and vacation time/year in addition to the accrual of sick time.
Supervisor: Operations Director
Start date: ASAP, flexible
Please email a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applicants’ personnel files will be accessed during the selection process)
OCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER