Mid-Level Manufacturing Technology Analyst - #197006
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Waggaman, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking a Mid-Level Manufacturing Technology Analyst located in New Orleans, LA. The selected candidate will work with the Boeing Exploration Launch Systems team supporting production of the NASA Space Launch Systems (SLS) Core Stage.
This position will support operations at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi, and Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida as well as other locations as necessary.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Execute the planning and transportation and handling of large scale critical space flight hardware including critical lifts and moves
- Coordinate and oversee critical operations in the production and ensures crews are appropriately trained
- Coordinate activities for improvements to transportation equipment and tooling, manufacturing processes, and large-scale systems lift and moves
- Approve supporting processes and related documentation
- Execute technical and administrative activities across functions and organizational boundaries within the scope of the assignment to meet regulatory design, production and process requirements in support of the move plans
- Participate in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience working with programs that require coordination of Critical Lifts and Moves
- 5+ years of experience developing plans for handling high value, program critical and large parts requiring crane/forklift operations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience lifting and rigging to perform all high rigging necessary to accomplish construction, millwright and maintenance work including the moving of machinery, equipment
- 3+ years of experience interpreting mechanical drawings and work instructions
- Experience transporting space flight hardware
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.