Commercial Producer - #197016
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Avoca, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Talent. Drive. And the ability to elevate businesses in a thriving community.
WNEP in beautiful Northeastern Pennsylvania doesn’t just need a Commercial Producer. We need YOU! A creative professional who can strategize with local clients. A leader who can oversee the entire production process from initial planning stages right through the non-linear editing process. And a visionary who has a complete understanding of what makes one commercial stand out in a sea of also-runs.
If you enjoy working in a highly creative and collaborative environment, can think on your feet, and can manage multiple projects for all sorts of different clients, click APPLY!
- Meet regularly with station account executives and customers to brainstorm creative commercial concepts
- Expert user of non-linear editing and creative tools like the Adobe Creative Suite (Pr, Ps, AE) and others
- Write scripts that meet/exceed client expectations and WNEP standards
- Runs shoots, managing crew/talent/customer needs while maintaining a professional atmosphere
- Ensures quality of product meets/exceeds customer expectations and WNEP creative standards
- Experience shooting with DSLR cameras required
- Experience with location audio and lighting
- Writes/produces/edits long-form vignettes and special programs (as needed)
- Writes/produces/edits station promotion (as needed)
- College degree preferred, but not required
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience or related experience
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and/or other products
- Must be comfortable working with customers and WNEP’s account executives
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to keep track of multiple projects
- Must be deadline oriented, maintaining quality while staying on schedule
- Must be an excellent communicator and leader in a sometimes high-stress environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar products preferred
- Travel: Occasional. 10 – 25%
- Work Environment: Office, editing bays, studios and outdoor/indoor location shoots
- Physical Demands: Sitting, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc. Must be able to carry
- 25+ lbs of equipment/gear
- Must have a valid driver’s license
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!