Warehouse IT Support - #197021
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Erlanger, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who We Are
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Our platforms support millions of people searching every day for the perfect item, and provide a unique purchase and delivery experience. Here at Wayfair, data drives everything that we do. Come help us continue to build innovative solutions, leading up to our next $10B in revenue!
Employee Tech at Wayfair is responsible for providing technology services and support for all Wayfairians globally. Our goal is to enable employee productivity through collaboration and innovation to help our employees provide our customers with a home that they love! We’re looking to grow our Warehouse IT team by bringing on a talented individual who wants exposure to our broad desktop computing tech stack and complex technical warehouse infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Build relationships with our Warehouse Operations team by spending time on the warehouse floor to learn their workflows so we can better assist them with technical issues.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and remediation of a wide variety of complex technical issues ranging from Windows server, network connectivity, and warehouse equipment issues.
- Prioritize tickets on ServiceNow to ensure our local and remote end users receive updates and resolutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and provide technical support across cross functional engineering and business teams to solve high impact incidents with a sense of urgency by providing quality and accurate information.
- Resolve complex technical problems without the use of standard operating procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and execute changes to IT Infrastructure with little to no supervision.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Create and implement policies, procedures, and processes.
- Establish and update team wide best practices for the purposes of knowledge management and sharing through technical documentation
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership by employing a strong work ethic to solve complex problems from start to finish.
- Perform research independently by asking clarifying questions, gather relevant data, and resolve the manner using a data driven approach.
- Manage and/or lead technical projects that have multi-site impacts.
- Be a team player and assist other members to achieve overall team goals.
- Flexibility to provide support to 24/7 fulfillment centers and participate on a rotational or on-call shift, if needed.
- Participate in hiring and the development of others.
What You’ll Need
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years of IT Support Experience, ideally working in a warehouse environment
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory Issues (Group Policy and User profiles)
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, VoIP, VPN and Cisco/Aruba networking device issues
- 3+ years of experience with deploying software\imaging using SCCM
- Experience troubleshooting warehouse device equipment such as RF barcode scanners, label printers, desktop/laptop computers and other peripherals/devices.
- Experience with technical documentation and presenting succinct analysis to leadership
- Eagerness to learn production workflows, processes and adopting systems best practices
- Strong customer service and organizational skills while keeping attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- To be a team player who is dedicated to providing the best results possible.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Having a strong work ethic and desire to be a life-long learner.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer / IT related field or equivalent work experience
- A+, Network +, Cisco CCNA, or other IT industry standard certifications
- Previous experience in a team lead capacity with a focus on mentoring junior team members
- Scripting ability, specifically with Powershell, VBScript and/or PHP
- Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP troubleshooting
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in easy to understand language
- Strong written and verbal skills
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.