Patient Services Rep - IFC Yukon - Dr. Barnes - #197022
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Yukon, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for answering telephones, taking concise messages, scanning and indexing information into the medical record, handling requests for medical records and basic scheduling. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 1 year clerical experience preferred
- Experience in the following areas: responsibility for cashier procedures and/or basic accounting, clinic check in/out procedures, basic health insurance, HMO, PPO, and basic medical terminology, general knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding preferred
- 6 months customer service experience, 6 months telephone customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
IMG Float Pool:
- This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Drivers License from the state of residence, as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
- For clinic staff assigned duties of entering orders in the electronic medical records, certification must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
For Current Deaconess Incumbent(s) Only at the time of acquisition (10/1/2018): High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
The Patient Services Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for receiving and/or dispatching incoming phone calls
- Collects payments for copays and deductibles * Makes financial arrangements for patients
- Performs check in and out duties accurately and timely
- Makes appointments for visits and, if an emergency, informs a clinical employee or provider
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and records the information in the medical record; completes referrals to specialty providers, home health, etc.
- Accurately enters patient demographics into the practice management system
- Takes messages when answering the telephone, correctly spelling names and identifying patient by two patient identifiers according to National Patient Safety Goals
- Takes clear and concise messages from pharmacies, physicians and hospital personnel; directs the message to the Clinical employee and/or Provider
- Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette
- Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner
- Reports to Office Manager/Supervisor.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information. Must be able to handle a high volume of telephone calls (potentially hundreds per day), and high volume of patient interaction (potentially hundreds per day), i.e., scheduling appointments, discussing billing problems, setting up payment arrangements, collecting past due payments. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a high stress environment. May be required to drive.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.