Shared Living Support Specialist - #197043
Behavioral Health Network, Inc.
Date: 06/08/2022 09:30 AM
City: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Share your commitment to individual empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration!
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Shared Living Support Specialist in the Residential & Independent Living Supports program at Behavioral Health Network!
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy - all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Residential & Independent Living Supports program with the following:
- Providing direct services to an individual to support and encourage their growth, independence, decision-making, and safety in all settings.
- Monitoring individuals’ their overall health and well-being.
- Helping with basic activities of daily living, including meal prep, dressing, bathing, and at-home and community-based activities.
- Initiating, supporting and ensuring quality of life through empowerment, safety awareness, respect and dignity.
- Assisting with all aspects of medication treatment.
- Completing related documentation to support the services provided to the individual.
- Providing crisis intervention and emergencies, as needed.
- Providing safe and timely transportation, as needed.
- Planning and providing opportunities for community activities.
- Maintaining, enhancing, and fostering social support networks and relationships.
Who are we?
At the Residential and Independent Living Support program at Behavioral Health Network, we are committed to support and serve adults with intellectual disabilities. Through aiding people who live in our BHN residences as well as on their own, the ultimate goal is to help the individuals live safely on their own and be as productive in the community as their skills allow them to be.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in a Support Specialist?
- Mornings, afternoon, and some weekend availability.
- Commitment to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of Individuals/persons served (required).
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent (required).
- At least six months of experience in human services (preferred).
- Valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours (required).
- Training is provided by BHN.
How do I apply to be a Support Specialist?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!