School Resource Officer - Chatham ETC - Savannah, GA (CSO) - #197061
State of Georgia
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Savannah, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under supervision, performs a full range of assigned law enforcement duties to maintain security and order in the Education Transition Center (ETC).
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of the ETC throughout the school day.
- Conducts regular searches of the building and its perimeter.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of student throughout the school day.
- Address students who are disruptive, inappropriately dressed, and habitually late. SRO will contact probation officers to discuss concerns in any of these areas and participate in the resolution of these issues.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, to address student academic performance and behavioral issues.
- Coordinate emergency drills and training as required.
- Inspect areas frequented by youth for contraband and /or safety breaches.
- De-escalate any altercations or security threats.
- Identify, monitor and address any instances of gang-related behavior/activity.
- Monitor security equipment and camera system to ensure problems are reported and addressed immediately.
- Facilitate classroom discussion with students on alcohol/drugs, gangs, and other relevant topics.
- Conduct classes on the Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP) as required by law, for students under the age of 18 to obtain their Class D driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED AND Successful completion of Basic Mandate Law Enforcement Training.
- Have a current and valid certification as a Peace Officer by Georgia Peace Officers Standard and Training (POST)
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess three or more of the following
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: Criminal Justice Public Administration, Sociology, or related field.
- One or more years of experience in police or investigative work, in a federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.
- Two or more years of experience working in a juvenile justice or human service delivery setting.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND successful completion of Basic Mandate Law Enforcement Training.