Senior Midlevel Giving Officer - #197064
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Boston, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Oxfam is a global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice. We offer lifesaving support in times of crisis and advocate for economic justice, gender equality, and climate action. We demand equal rights and equal treatment so that everyone can thrive, not just survive.
This position is a union position based out of our Boston office. While employees will have flexibility to work from home or in the office, we are limited to applicants who will reside in MA, CT, ME, NH, NY, RI and VT.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Senior Midlevel Giving Officer is responsible for sustaining and growing Oxfam America’s midlevel donor program, which is known externally as the Impact Circle and includes ~8,000 donors giving between $1,000- $9,999 representing 10% of Oxfam America’s revenue and overseeing the multichannel strategy for major donors in the $10,000-$24,999 range. The Senior Midlevel Giving Officer will be accountable for building a donor-centric, multichannel strategy focused on moving donors into the midlevel program, retaining and engaging current midlevel donors, and upgrading donors within midlevel and into the major gifts program. The Senior Midlevel Giving Officer will develop and lead a cross-functional effort from digital, direct marking, and major gifts/ pipeline development to develop, execute, and evaluate progress toward the strategy.
- Manages and executes multichannel strategy and supporter journey for midlevel and $10,000-$24,999 donor audience in collaboration with channel owners, with goals to increase revenue and upgrades from these donors through relevant and donor-centric engagement; sets annual targets and evaluates progress and pivots needed to achieve goals
- In collaboration with Development Associate, develops, executes, evaluates, and improves “one to some” outreach plans to midlevel donors including personalized outreach supporter journeys via in house or outsourced resources; ensures alignment between personalized outreach and other channels
- Collaborates with Direct Marketing, Digital Engagement, and events lead to develop and execute marketing strategy for target donor audiences and makes decisions regarding content, tests, and communication cadence for this audience
- Collaborates with Sr. Prospect Researcher and Development Associate to develop and execute qualification and midlevel stewardship portfolios to ensure midlevel donors are receiving appropriate treatment based on capacity and interests
- Consults with Direct Marketing and Digital Marketing teams on appropriate strategies to upgrade donors into the midlevel pool
- In collaboration with Direct Marketing and Digital Marketing, develops and executes donor advised fund marketing strategies with target donor audiences
- Represents Oxfam America externally as the public-facing name for the Impact Circle in donor communications
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends, and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based, problem-solving work culture treating all persons with dignity and respect and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission, values, and goals.
- Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice, racial equity, and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve.
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible fundraising, donor engagement, or marketing experience with a midlevel or major donor audience; experience with and commitment to donor- centric mindsets and practices
- Experience with developing and executing personalized outreach supporter journeys, and motivating and evaluating performance of staff or vendors engaged in outreach to donors
- Proficiency with digital marketing and direct mail techniques; experience in developing and executing multichannel campaigns with a personalized outreach component
- Experience and proven success with leading teams, motivating people around a common purpose and shared strategy, setting, and adapting priorities, and engaging in learning and evaluation of work produced
- “Servant leader” mindset demonstrates empathy, active listening, and commitment to professional growth of themselves and others
- Excellent communication skills: able to engage constructively in problem solving, and can regularly and effectively give and receive feedback to support improvements
- Strong project management, time management, organizational skill, and track record with completing projects in line with goals
- Experience using Hubspot or other marketing automation tools
- Ability to use discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Ability to represent Oxfam America to external audiences
- Experience with agile project management
- Experience working in an international development or social justice organization
Salary Grade - Boston Union G - Salary Range - $70,000 - $105,000 - commensurate with experience
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish