General Manager - #197067
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Annapolis, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Title: General Manager, Annapolis Town Center
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: TBD
The General Manager will be responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating operations and marketing for Annapolis Town Center, MD. The General Manager is accountable to protect, maintain, and enhance the value of assigned asset in order to maximize the owners’ financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, consumers, and the community.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the property (i.e. maintenance of A/R and A/P, operating expense control, completion of budgeted items and assistance in preparing budgets, monthly and annual financial reports, setup and termination of leases).
- Responsible for operational issues such as tenant transition, processing rent relief requests and collections.
- Responsible for the management of properties’ physical performance (i.e. bidding contracts, inspections, and signage approval).
- Responsible for the management of relations with tenants and vendors (i.e. addresses and follows up with tenant complaints via inspections, phone, correspondence and email and monitors vendors).
- Proactively works to identify issues and improve performance.
- Promotes effective business relationship to convey company operation policies.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA. Monitors crime statistics. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Coordinates and oversees retail marketing efforts.
- Helps coordinate tenant improvements.
- Works on special projects/ongoing initiatives according to current needs.
- College degree (Finance degree preferred).
- Real estate experience a plus.
- Argus experience a plus.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, intelligent, creative, flexible, have a great attitude, have strong technical aptitude and a desire to understand real estate investment processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Strong executive presence required along with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Proficient shopping center marketing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organization and time-management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to identify problems and solve issues in a proactive manner.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- Retail shopping center marketing.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, retail leasing and contract terminology.
- High level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software.
Education & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Four to six years operational experience in real estate industry.
At Trademark, we recognize that our strength is directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We approach our business as learners and not knowers, and we equip our employees with the tools and training needed to succeed professionally. Trademark provides a highly collaborative work environment that encourages interaction across teams and senior leadership in order to produce high quality work for best-in-class commercial real estate across multiple asset classes.
Trademark Property Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Trademark Benefits for you:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid LTD, STD, and Life Insurance
- 15 days Paid Time Off – no waiting period. Increases over time
- Hybrid and remote work availability
- Additional paid day off for your birthday each year
- 10 additional paid corporate holidays
- 401k employer match after 30 days of employment
- Employee assistance program to support every aspect of your wellbeing
- Annual bonus structure
- Personal and professional growth opportunities