Dir - HR - #197069
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future? At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications
As a strategic partner, the HR Director – GKA and GCI aligns business objectives with leaders and employees in designated corporate function(s). The HRD serves as a consultant to leaders on Human Resource related topics. Successful HRD will act as employee champion and change agent driving Human Capital Initiatives while serving as a trusted advisor on all HR matters. Partners with the business for talent management by hiring, developing and retaining our best people. The HRD assesses and anticipates HR-related needs applying appropriate workforce planning activities. The HRD formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRD may include international coordination of Human Resource responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Partnering with functional leadership drives Human Capital initiatives for their respective area(s). These programs include the performance management process and calibration, development and cascading of performance goals, employee engagement survey execution and action planning, human capital review process and strategy development, core values education and alignment, etc..
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, conducting employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Reacting to the needs of the business consults with leaders for workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, succession planning, etc.
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serves as a team/project leader in Company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function.
- Partners with the various HR COE and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs.
- May assist int'l employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Partner with the Learning and Development department to identify training needs and culture activities for corporate functions as well as individual assessment and executive coaching needs.
- Partners with talent acquisition and functional leaders to ensure top talent is secured for open positions
- In partnership with corporate leaders execute the Amcor Human Capital Strategy for their respective area(s).
- Build, inspire, and lead teams/individuals in alignment with the overall Human Capital Strategy
- Ensures we are hiring, developing, and retaining our best people
- Recommends business process and/or policy improvements to the HR Centers of Excellence or Shared Services team
- Design and implementation of the people strategies that support Amcor and the corporate functions business objectives, culture and values
WHAT WE VALUE
- Thought leadership, collaboration and influence, employee engagement
- Advanced problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Change management skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong execution skills
- Thorough understanding of Amcor Core Human Capital programs and processes
- Ability to challenge the status quo through collaboration and influence
- Experience working with and influencing senior leadership
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities/processes
- Strong business acumen
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 7-10 years generalist experience; experience leading and developing professionals, as well as managing multiple locations preferred.
- Combination of Field Operations and Corporate/COE experience preferred
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call
224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.