EKG Technician - #197076
Lake Charles Memorial Health System
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Iowa, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION/RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs non-invasive procedures in the department and in the hospital such as EKG's, Holter monitor hookups and scans, SAEKGs (Signal Average EKG) in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Record the physician interpretation of clinical data, process, and charge appropriately.
- Check correct information transmitted to Muse system and patient record.
- Follow the department policy in completion of routine, timed and stat procedures.
- Documents and enters correct pertinent patient information into the Muse system according to department policy.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate, Complete ECG Technician course/school.
- CPR, Basic EKG class
- Basic computer skills.
- Requires emotional stability and resilience; Exhibits organization and leadership ability; Able to understand and relate to specific ideas generally, several at a time, and remember multiple tasks given to self and others over long periods of time.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- This position requires good body mechanics for walking, pushing, pulling of equipment to all 10 floors of the hospital
- Work requires a variety of physical activities including standing and walking for long periods of time, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- The work environment may be physically confining.
- Visual acuity is required for a variety of specific activities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.