Payroll Clerk - #197088
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Ridgefield, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Pledge for Success:
We are dedicated in hiring outstanding individuals who share in our commitment and passion in serving our guests. Ambition, dedication, attention to detail, and a warm smile are all winning characteristics that lead to the spirit of who we are.
The payroll clerk is responsible for compiling and analyzing payroll data to ensure the correct accountability and payment of salaries, wages, and garnishments. Assists team members and managers with all payroll related inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes superior guest service.
- Maintains, and perpetuates a positive organizational culture according to the principles of the Spirit of Tâlίcn and Core Values.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to foster a supportive and enabling team environment.
- Verifies and maintains reported tips data.
- Compiles statistical payroll reports and payroll data entries.
- Works with payroll system to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Reviews time sheets.
- Distributes payroll checks to employees.
- Reviews labor hours submitted through the time management system.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential information.
- Strives to maintain high team member morale by establishing a climate based upon trust, respect, and teamwork.
- Provides strong leadership to the property by executing programs for team members which foster positive attitudes toward company goals.
- Evaluates all areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all assigned areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to foster a supportive and enabling team environment.
- At least two years of payroll processing experience.
- Experience with data entry and automated payroll systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in smoking environment when on the casino floor.
- Must be willing to adhere to company health and safety measures (wear a face mask, other appropriate PPE, social distance).
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Central preferred.
- Formal accounting/business education or payroll certifications preferred.