Junior Operations Coordinator (open to Graduates) - #197090
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Annapolis, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Collinson Assistance provides 24/7 medical, security and logistical assistance for expatriates, business travellers and holidaymakers globally. We are trusted to look after the safety and well-being of millions of people around the world with our expert-driven approach to medical and security services. We provide Medical and Security Assistance, Travel Risk Management and Claims Management services for a wide range of clients.
Collinson is also getting people travelling again safely and confidently with medical screening and other travel medical services.
What does a Junior Operations Co-ordinator at Collinson do?
- No two days are the same, you will provide crucial support to our clients who require assistance with their healthcare and security needs including repatriation or evacuation from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate with a team of doctors, nurses, and security experts to deliver excellent assistance and support
- Direct contact with our members and clients, often in difficult and sensitive circumstances, offering help and advice so you will always require empathetic support and reassurance.
- Answering calls from our members and customers travelling abroad. Identifying the nature of the member’s problem through effective questioning and active listening, then providing suitable advice and directions to offer a resolution.
- Processing and analysing information to diagnose member problems, accurately maintaining information captured in our case-management system.
- You will be responsible for managing medical and travel assistance cases in line with agreed service standards and client operating procedures
- At Collinson Assistance we operate a “follow the sun model”, with our team working day shifts only (not overnight)
How will you make a difference as a Junior Operations Co-ordinator?
- Applicants must have a deep level of Coordination experience ideally gained within a Health or Medical focused company.
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- An analytical problem-solver who can work at a pace and prioritise a busy workload.
- Proven experience in collaborating with multi-disciplined development teams, with a technical aptitude to guide and motivate resources.
- Persuasive communication and active listening skills to understand customers’ needs.
- Previous experience in Assistance, Travel, Insurance, Medical, and Healthcare is desirable.
- Proven customer service experience managing a high volume of inbound customer calls.
- Meticulous in the day-to-day detail to ensure timely delivery and resolution of cases
- You will have a passion for quality and attention to detail blended with a balanced pragmatism and an unwavering obligation to question, understand, and define.
- Able to cultivate a customer-centric mindset that delivers solutions to our customers.
- Past studies or interest in travel, languages and culture, healthcare, international relations, logistics or geography is beneficial.
- Language skills in English (essential), Spanish, Portuguese or other additional languages are an asset
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme, and further benefits:
100% employer paid Medical, Dental, Life & LTD insurance for employees
100% match to your 401k deferrals (up to 4%) with 100% vesting at 6 months
Supplemental Insurance including STD, additional Life
Priority Pass Membership
Global Mentoring Program
Our values form the foundation of our business, and the Collinson company culture is built around these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise for both our customers and employees. They are summarized across four pillars: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team, and Be insight-led.
Collinson’s journey started over 30 years ago, when our chairman, Colin Evans, was Managing Director of IAPA, a global travel benefits business with a history stretching back to 1963.
Once formed, Collinson was further strengthened by the acquisition of established companies that allowed us to expand on our offerings.
We have a team of more than 2,000 employees serving over 5 million own customers each year.
Collinson, Inc. currently provides Health, Dental, Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability and Long-Term Care insurance free of charge to the employee.
Dependents can be added to the coverage, at a partially shared cost to the employee. Collinson will pay 44% of the premium for the dependent coverage for Medical and Dental insurance. Insurance coverage is effective the first of the month following the date of hire, unless otherwise noted.
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of any colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc)’