Machine Operator 1 (2nd shift) onsite - #197108
Pratt & Whitney
Date: 06/08/2022 10:00 AM
City: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are offering a $1,500 sign on bonus
SIGN ON BONUS IS ONLY ELIGBLE FOR NEW HIRES
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Amercon, Inc. provides precision machined turbine blades, vanes, and hot section components to primary turbine engine manufacturers. Pratt & Whitney Amercon is seeking a technically inclined Machine Operator who would like to join our team in Middletown, Pennsylvania.
Machine Operator 1 activities require the ability to operate a variety of production machines. Machines may include: CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine), polish wheel, airflow, waterflow, shot peen, furnace, grinding machines, EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine), etc.
Machine operator 1 activities may include:
- Perform routine operations
- Read and interpret process sheets;
- Deburr and clean parts;
- Gage parts;
- Make minor offset changes (if required) with oversight;
- Frequently utilize measuring devices and assess product acceptance based on blueprint specification(s);
- Clock labor in Solumina;
- Perform preventative maintenance and document results;
- Document information on check sheets;
- Keep dimensional data on run charts;
- Complete Daily Walk Around (DWA) and utilize communication log.
- Keep work area and equipment clean;
- Maintain acceptable quality levels
- The person in this position will frequently move about the machine line in order to operate various manufacturing equipment (approximately 90% of the time). Transport product and/or equipment weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to run all equipment in the entire work loop and produce product at rate per standard work.
- May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one’s skills
- Adhere to lean manufacturing standards.
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health & Safety guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment.
- Machine Operating experience or similar experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience utilizing machine tools; measuring tools; reading blueprints or just overall strong mechanical aptitude.
High School Diploma or equivalent
US Citizenship required due to government contract
- Ability to maintain tight tolerances.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Candidate must be a team player.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift (2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
- Proficient with use of machine tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Aptitude for mathematics, including ability to read blueprints, read/work from drawings.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.