Server for Buffalo Wild Wings - #197144
Patton Wings, Inc.
Date: 06/08/2022 10:30 AM
City: Troy, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Server is responsible for providing excellent guest service by engaging the guest, describing food/beverage, taking orders, efficiently delivering food and accepting payment. This position is critical to Buffalo Wild Wings; the server impacts the restaurant by inspiring legendary experiences between friends, supporting team members and ensuring alcohol compliance and revenue growth.
- Inspire legendary experiences between friends for our guests by creating an atmosphere of happiness and a sense of community.
- Informs guests of specials and/or promotions, answering questions and making suggestions when asked.
- Uses up-selling techniques with every guest to enhance experience.
- Addresses guest concerns and informs manager.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates dining and bar areas.
- Checks Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum 40 year age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Adheres to standardized portion sizes, quality standards and department rules and procedures.
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into register system.
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the table/guest.
- Collects payment and makes correct change or processes credit card transactions.
- Practices safe food handling and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Sweeps, wet mops and/or brushes floors, as needed or directed by manager. Posts ‘wet floor’ sign to mopped floors.
- Busses tables and ensures marketing materials and menus are positioned appropriately.
- Ensures PCI credit card compliance.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and standard drink recipes required.
- Minimum one year of experience in a server position within the restaurant business preferred.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.
NP Not Present
O Occasional (Up to 25% of time)
F Frequent (26%-74% of time)
C Constant (75% or more of time)
Check All That Apply References
Standing/Walking: Remaining on one’s feet
in an upright position at a workstation or moving about in a work area.
Sitting: Remaining in a normal seated position.
Carrying: Moving an object usually by holding it in hands or arms, or on shoulders.
Lifting: Raising an object from one level to another with hands or arms and/or shoulders, back and legs. Must be able to lift items up to 25 pounds.
Pushing/Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that object moves away from/towards the force
Stooping; Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist.
Bending: Bending knees to come to rest on knees or knee.
Reaching; Extending hands or arms in any direction.
Handling; Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.
Bending/Twisting; Continual intermittent twisting of the spine.
Talking; Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
Hearing; Receiving detailed information through oral communication.
Vision; Clarity of vision at near or far distances.
Computer usage or other special equipment operated.