Operations Coordinator - Friends of the Children - Klamath Basin - #197166
Friends of the Children
Date: 06/08/2022 10:30 AM
City: Dorris, California
Salary: $1,630 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Friends of the Children-Klamath Basin is seeking a passionate committed full-time Operations Coordinator to use their expertise, vision, and skills to help support our mission. Our model is impacting generational change by empowering youth who are facing the greatest obstacles through relationships with a professional mentor – 12+ years, no matter what.
The ideal candidate will have a smart head for business, an innovative spirit, and a soft heart for kids. They will be equally skilled at operational efficiencies and implementing effective processes. The right candidate will be fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of the organization’s mission is executed with full engagement of communities impacted by our work.
Are you this amazing professional? At Friends of the Children-Klamath Basin, we think globally and act locally. Here’s what we have to offer you:
- A committed Executive Director (ED) and leadership team who will partner with you to professionally support our youth, their families, and our organization.
- Access to a strong, cohesive National team committed to innovation and high standards.
- A team of talented team members who are passionate about working together to positively impact the lives of youth in our program and maintain/grow an extraordinary organization.
- Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
- Most of all, you get work with an exceptional organization that walks with children facing life’s challenges as they change their life story every day.
Please note the following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The full-time Operations Coordinator supports the day-to-day functions of our organization. This position can be the first point of contact for people who call or visit and is responsible for assisting the Executive Director (ED) and leadership team. You will support the organization through a variety of administrative, operational functions, and planning fundraising events. Candidate will excel at working as part of a small team, while effectively managing multiple administrative projects and tasks, and keeping them on track. Note: General work week will be 32-40 hours.
Required Experience, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- A minimum two years of administrative experience in a small office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with apps, databases and office functions.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal communication skills, and experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized and dependable; ability to work independently and maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to shifting demands and work situations (from multiple members of Leadership Team), meet deadlines; maintain regular communication with supervisor regarding work plans, and proactively seek guidance regarding priorities and timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment, and follow procedures.
- Ability to travel locally and adapt schedule to meet the organization’s needs (i.e., some evenings and an occasional weekend, including some annual events that may occur on Saturdays or evenings).
Preferred Experience, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
Familiarity with nonprofit organizations.
Basic knowledge of fundraising and events.
Database experience, donor databases preferred.
Experience working with children and families.
Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
- High school graduation or equivalent (e.g. GED)
Wages & Benefits
- Sick Leave, Holidays and Vacation (pro-rated that reflect your work schedule)
How To Apply
Please apply through this posting in Hiring Thing. Thank you for your interest.
Please note all Friends Klamath Basin employees are mandated reporters and legally required to ensure a report is made when abuse is observed or suspected.
Friends of the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Friends of the Children is growing rapidly as communities across the country are experiencing the power of how “One” changes a child's story: One Friend. One Child. 12 + years. No matter what. #ThePowerOfOne. To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: https://friendsklamath.org.