Administrative Assistant - #197170
All Native Group
Date: 06/08/2022 10:30 AM
City: Knoxville, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
All Native Group is seeking and Administrative Assistant to support the administrative management at Ft. Detrick, MD.
- Assist Correspondence Control Officer with a wide variety of administrative and staff issues to include processing and coordinating all incoming and outgoing correspondence, electronic messages, facsimiles, and mail;
- Review and Check Correspondence for accuracy as instructed, track and log correspondence. Transmit items to AMC as directed.
- Serve as the Command entry point for Congressional responses for CG’s signature;
- Assist with authenticating and publishing of Command policy and memoranda within 1 business day of receipt or approval of the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Provide staff support for awards, promotion, retirement, and other ceremonies within HQ USAMRMC;
- Assist the HQ Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Action Officer to include taskers, and tasker responses as needed;
- Serve as the central point of contact for Command taskers; Responsible for reviewing incoming taskings, identifying requirements of each task, entering the tasking into a centralized system, assigning the task to a responsible party(ies), consolidating timely feedback and providing the feedback to the COR for review prior to a suspense. Maintain an itemized log for review consisting of tasks that are pending and those that are overdue. Provide no less than weekly updates to the COR.
- Create and update slides for various Command-level meetings; sets up seating for meeting;
- Create, update, and print slides for Chief of Staff meeting, set up seating for meeting;
- Create new distribution lists and maintain distribution lists for use within the SGS Office;
- Assist in creation and maintenance (to include updates) to the USAMRMC Contingency Long Range Calendars for the SGS, Chief of Staff, and Commanding General
- Serve as the central point of contact for logging correspondence in/out and notifying staff when packets are complete; Employee will notify action officers of packet completion within 1 business day of receipt from the appropriate signature authority
- Assist with gathering information for the Command organizational chart and telephone rosters; completes update as requested; Work social committee functions and serve as secretary of the committee; provide staff support with ceremonial functions;
- Answer phones calls for SGS, Deputy Commander, Chief of Staff, and Commanding General, when necessary; direct phone calls and receives on-site visitors. The Employee shall complete and distribute meeting minutes upon approval of the chairman or COR
- Receive deliveries of material and supplies;
- Assist with Maintenance of space roster for Command group, updates use on appropriate forms.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Digital Signature capturing station;
- Update, track and maintain the Digital Training Management System (DTMS) for Soldiers and Civilians within the command suite; updates training into DTMS within 3 business days of certificate or sign-in roster receipt
- Schedule events as directed, assist SGS with Calendar actions, as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- 3 Years of Microsoft Office
- 6 Years supporting USG or Private Sector
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.