Office Medical Assistant ACHP- New Rates of Pay & $2,000 Sign On Bonus! - #197178
Akron Children's Hospital
Date: 06/08/2022 10:30 AM
City: Orrville, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About Akron Children’s Hospital
Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we’re making it easier for today’s busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children’s Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children’s Anywhere app, we’re here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday-Friday, rotating Saturdays
New Rates of Pay & $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
The Office Medical Assistant at Akron Children’s Hospital Pediatrics (ACHP) provides specific clinical care to designated patients.
1. Reports to the Practice Manager and under the clinical supervision and direction of a Physician provides specific clinical care to designated patients.
2. Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation of individualized care and needs of assigned patients, including discharge plans, under the direction of the licensed nurse.
3. Performs hearing and vision screening evaluations.
4. Obtains nasopharyngeal and other specimens for testing and may perform phlebotomy.
5. Administers vaccines and medications, including antibiotics, as directed by the physician according to policy and procedure.
6. Maintains the clinical and exam areas.
7. Documents test results in the electronic medical record system.
8. Answers basic health care questions via phone for parents using pre-approved guidelines.
9. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
10. Assists with filing and appointment scheduling as needed
11. Other duties as required.
- Experience in phlebotomy is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
- Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e. EPIC) or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program, or EMT Program, or Paramedic Program required or must be a Medical Assistant with certification.
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the American Heart Association is required;
- Phlebotomy certification is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT