Dish & Kitchen Assistant (part-time, benefits eligible position) - #197195
Hunger Mountain Co-op
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Granville, Vermont
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Dish & Kitchen Assistant
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Purpose: To maintain an acceptable level of kitchen cleanliness and sanitation, and assist in the proper maintenance and hygiene of produce orders and kitchen inventory. Adhere to standards and guides of kitchen policies.
Status: Reports to Kitchen Manager
Pay Level 1
- Clean all dishes, pots, pans, silverware and utensils ensuring compliance with sanitation and health department regulations.
- Return all material to the proper location in a safe and accessible manner at the end of each shift.
- Clean all sinks and dishwashing area to ensure compliance with sanitation and health department regulations.
- Maintain bussing and refuse station in café.
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines for dish and utensil handling.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Kitchen Manager.
- Attend departmental meetings. Be responsible for safety in the workplace by creating a safe work environment, reporting safety concerns to a manager or member of the Safety Committee, and adhering to safety rules and regulations.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Treat customers fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Ensure efficient, friendly and informative service according to established customer service vision and standards.
- Begin customer transaction with a friendly greeting.
- End customer transaction with a pleasant farewell
- Familiarity with Co-op policies and procedures in order to answer customer questions.
- Assist in preparation of ingredients for salad bar and Prep Staff if necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of kitchen inventory to include ingredient rotation, consolidation and monitoring dates in the walk-in cooler, and notify Kitchen supervision of any out-of date items.
- Maintain all kitchen recycling, compost and trash.
- Sweep and mop kitchen area including the walk-in.
- Clean the stove and counters ensuring compliance with sanitation and health department regulations.
- Use all equipment safely; advise Kitchen supervision of equipment repair needs.
- Monitor dishwashing and cleaning supplies inventory; advise Kitchen supervision of ordering needs.
- Participate in periodic cleaning and maintenance projects as requested by Kitchen supervision.
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines, including but not limited to wearing a hat while working in the kitchen.
- Maintain the grease trap according to regular schedule.
- Maintain hood system baffles and hood according to regular schedule.
The responsibilities as listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks an employee may be required to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability and desire to keep pace during rushed periods of service.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow the safety policies and procedures of Hunger Mountain Co-op.
- Ability to provide excellent service to customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication are essential.
- Ability to be physically present onsite at the Co-op to perform the requirements of this position.