Designer I - Axial/Inline (WI) - #197205
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Schofield, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team, which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi-branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you “Build Your Future,” through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
Create and update product design drawings, submittals and bill of materials as they are laid out by the product design team. Tasks are handed down from design team(s) to Designer I. Tasks are very specific with little or no non-standard work assignments. Work may include but is not limited to: Drawing changes/revisions, IAN's and/or other documentation as required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create drawings for new products, changes to existing products and special design requests using computer-aided design technology under direction of design team
- Assist in preparing bill-of-materials on new and changed designs and special design requests under direction of design team
- Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
- May be involved with the BOM work and setup of purchased components under direction of the design team
- Involvement with prototyping new sheet metal designs
- May provide support to sales and marketing staff through the creation of submittal drawings or technical assistance on simple inquiries under the direction of the design team / supervisor
- May provide technical direction to shop floor personnel to correct simple sheet metal product design problems as they arise. Communicate design problems to appropriate engineering personnel for corrective action
- Under the direction of the design team, prepare information for needed documentation (Drawings for operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase part info records, etc.) related to a design project
- May assist in the resolution of field problems by traveling to the site with other engineering staff as needed
- May participate in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes in the form of drawing changes and BOM work as directed by the team
Business Unit Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in large multi-year projects with a team of diverse skillsets
- Coordinate prototyping and testing activities
- Develop creative solutions using new or modified technologies
Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
Between 0-12 month’s work experience.
Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred). No knowledge required of the products or systems.
Business Unit Specific Qualifications:
Critical traits are:
- An optimist – with a strong drive and determination to find a path to success
- Fitting into a group-work culture that finds a way to succeed in an environment of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- A natural curiosity with an ability to find creative solutions to new challenges.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Why join the Greenheck family?
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
Prescription drug benefits
Paid vacations and holidays
401(k) Retirement savings plan
On-site clinic and fitness center (Schofield location)
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
Employee Wellness Program
Want to hear more about the Greenheck culture? Take a look for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-AoWHyH8b0&feature=youtu.be
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.