Energy Analyst - #197211
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Juno Beach, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The position calls for a candidate that can act as the team’s specialist for all matters related to retail energy, utility tariffs and market incentives. This entails analyzing, modeling and translating market rates, program rules and risk profiles that are critical to how we structure investments and customer proposals. The candidate will be engaged in customer interactions, negotiations, and solutions-forming regularly and is expected to demonstrate creative thinking and resourcefulness. The specialist would be instrumental in advising our tactical activities as well as our company’s strategy.
This position will be part of the Business Development team and will frequently interact with other peers, and subject matter experts, to develop products and solutions that leverage NextEra’s core competencies and enable the deployment of renewable power, power systems, energy storage and green hydrogen applications. The candidate will also need to be able to work independently, proactively, and resourcefully to navigate the organization and get things done. The candidate is expected to build credibility with peers of all levels and deliver their message in a distilled and coherent manner.
Successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and commercially savvy: be able to think like a business owner and stay focused on what will drive the optimal solution while improving margins in a competitive marketplace without compromising customer satisfaction or NextEra standards
Day to day responsibilities often include, but not limited to:
- Identify and analyze utility tariffs, retail energy options and hedging mechanisms
- Identify and analyze incentive programs and create algorithms that reflect program rules
- Systematically model inputs and outputs that inform our projects’ pro-forma and decision making
- Work with the business units to create standard templates for H2 proposals and economic models
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Data science, power marketing, retail energy or demand side management experience
- Strong network within energy industry
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Finance, Sustainability, Energy or other related technical degrees, post-graduate degree preferred
Experience / Competencies
- Successful track record in a solutions development / technical sales role with strong references and project examples
- Customer centric – sales, sales support, or account management experience, high comfort level interacting with the various levels of customer stakeholders
- Solution Development – experience designing energy asset solutions for large commercial & industrial customers, munis/coops, utilities and/or other critical infrastructure facilities
- Baseline knowledge – Working knowledge of renewable power generation, energy storage, cogeneration, fuel cells, backup power, utility tariffs, demand response, energy efficiency, energy purchasing strategies, project development, and the energy and capacity markets etc.
- Intellectual agility – ability to quickly assess technical risks and project challenges as well as focus on critical path solutions and design of commercially feasible options
- Financial acumen – comfortable with basic financial statements and project finance concepts, project development proformas, basic permitting requirements and the regulatory landscape, project approval processes, financing mechanisms etc.
- Communications – ability to distill technical / complex information into simple, compelling value propositions; ability to create a call to action and mobilize support internally; pro-actively reach out to peers, management, support members or external parties to advance individual and team objectives.
- Teamwork – Effectively and productively collaborate with peers and stakeholders in a manner that build confidence, shared success, and future growth
- Judgment – able to vet and prioritize time, resources and opportunities with an 80:20 mindset that drives results over analysis and stagnation
The job is responsible for supporting the Origination Team with pre and/or post technical consulting activities, including gaining an understanding of customer needs, identifying new customers, researching and analyzing public information, and applying current business strategies to help the origination Team with strategic decisions. Employees in this role the “back office” support to the “front office” to develop presentation materials for potential customers, work on market intelligence materials to support the origination group, and maintain Origination reporting needs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts conference calls with potential customers and front line originators to understand their needs
- Researches public information about potential customers and/or competitors, analyzes data, and formulates a summary and/or recommendation to present to the Origination team
- Produces origination CRM reports and performs overall CRM maintenance
- Prepares customer presentation materials
- Manages origination reporting needs to upper management
- Assists in the preparation of presentations to support approval of proposed transactions and obtain transaction approvals on a timely basis
- Coordinates efforts between several different groups within the organization such as Communications, IT, and Investor Relations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:3+ years
- Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Energy Trading
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.