Audit-Compliance Associate - #197216
Baker Boyer Bank
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Touchet, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the Pacific Northwest. We are Eastern Washington’s trusted financial advisor, serving the Walla Walla valley, Kennewick and Yakima communities, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
About the Audit-Compliance Associate Role:
The Audit-Compliance Associate will primarily be involved in providing support to the audit and compliance department. They will assist department staff in arranging and conducting staff education, independent audits, compliance tasks to include monitoring, reviews, testing and communicating pertinent findings to all elements of the corporation. The Associate is expected to cross train with compliance in order to carryout key compliance duties and serve as a back up for compliance officers. There will be some work assisting with examination of accounting and financial records and the appraising of internal controls and operational and administrative functions for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide administrative assistance to direct supervisor as requested.
- Assist Audit in completing assigned audit procedures, after initial instruction - with a minimum level of supervision.
- Analyze data and draw conclusions, making recommendations for actions.
- Organize and document work papers using audit software, spreadsheets.
- Provide information to update program after each audit.
- Assist in preparing the final audit reports. Including the input of audit findings and management response, and when appropriate, set up pending items. Audit programs must be completed to evidence the audit work performed and the material facts supporting conclusions drawn from it.
- Responsible for confidentiality of Audit Committee minutes and ensuring proper forwarding for board review and permanent storage. Responsibilities may include assuming the same role for other audit or compliance teams.
- Independently perform or assist in carrying out compliance tasks, monitoring and projects as assigned.
- Serve as a backup for compliance functions., performing tasks independently when needed.
- Attend and serve as a contributing member of the Compliance Committee.
- Communicate and team with the appropriate audit/compliance staff member and management. Oral and written communications must be timely and of consistently high quality in content, style, and clarity.
- Support Audit/Compliance staff by managing and / or coordinating the following duties:
- Audit and Executive Committee reporting
- Audit/Compliance Issue Tracking Process and reporting
- Regulators, External Audit, Executive Committee, Audit Committee, and Board preparation and communication (logistics, calendars, meetings, travel arrangements, etc.)
- BAI Training Program management for all employees
- Bank Confirmations & Trust Asset Verifications processes
- File submission and reporting for third party Freddie Mac Reviews
- Proactively seek professional development opportunities through self-training (books, periodicals, membership in professional groups, etc.) and participation in recommended courses.
- Complete research as needed and present findings.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to gather, interpret and make use of information and ideas from multiple sources.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations or seek additional support when needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive to build and maintain positive relationships while teaming with coworkers internally and cross-departmentally.
- Ability to create and present clear and effective presentations.
- Exceptional time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy; ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of/or ability to easily learn and maintain banking policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge and ability to use and/or learn Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and other computer systems quickly with proficiency and accuracy.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Physical Demands/ Conditions Requirements:
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, write, type, speak, & listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at desk and work on computer.
Occasional travel to branch locations may be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
Job Type: Full-time