Patient Access Manager - #197220
Gifford Medical Center
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Granville, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you a QUICK LEARNER ready to WORK in a FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT?
Join our spectacular GIFFORD TEAM as the PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER and be DIRECTLY INVOLVED in the IMPROVEMENT of our HOSPITAL!
It’s your chance to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, CENTRAL VERMONT, just under an hour away from Burlington.
- Competitive wages
- Onsite parking and CHILDCARE
- An excellent RETIREMENT PLAN
- HEALTH plans including DENTAL, VISION, short- and long-term DISABILITY
- Discounted GYM MEMBERSHIP
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS at local retailers
Reporting directly to the Director of Revenue Cycle Operations, the Patient Access Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, organization, and management of the Patient Access Department, emphasizing the overall patient experience and positive financial outcomes. Manages direct supervisor(s) and team lead(s). Demonstrates behaviors outlined in GHC’s Core Values and supports GHC’s Mission and Vision. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple areas and work with various disciplines and staff levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple areas and work with various disciplines and staff levels.
- Trains and guides Registration Supervisor/Team Lead; acts as a resource when resolving conflicts.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service by responding to complaints promptly.
- Develop, implement, and enforce standard operating procedures.
- Develop, implement, and enforce key performance indicators and quality standards.
- Collaborates with GHC departments to optimize Registration workflows.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to achieve proactive outcomes.
- Develop and implement action plans as identified.
- Prepares schedules and payroll to accommodate budget; actively practices cost management.
- On call rotation to support Registration Team.
- Administers performance improvement plans and associated documentation.
- Is an active participant in the Revenue Cycle Management team in the development of new services, identifying process improvements, regulatory changes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service, conflict mitigation, and resolution.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through the ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification, registration, check-out, authorization, financial clearance, and point-of-service collections.
- Substantive knowledge of medical terminology and insurance as it relates to Patient Access functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of applicable software applications.
- Possess clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking skills, strong analytical skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve denials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or another related field, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum three years experience as a registration supervisor/team lead.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR), Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM), or Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification desired.