Assembly Associate - #197248
Amsted Automotive Group
Date: 06/08/2022 11:00 AM
City: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Adapt and promote Lean Manufacturing principles
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste Team meetings
- Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives
- Responsible for operating various assembly machinery within the secondary operations
- Visually look over parts to assure proper quality, uses gauges as required
- Responsible for quality of all production parts produced in their respective work cell
- Responsible for reporting any quality defects to the Team Leader or Supervisor
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Must be able to sustain the fast demands of an automotive production environment
- Responsible to fully complete and update all paperwork on daily basis (production reports, PPLH, scrap reports, 5”S” housekeeping sheet, etc.)
- Other duties as required by the Supervisor or Team Leader
Assembly Associate Essential Mental Functions
- Must be able to sustain the fast paced demands of an automotive production environment
Assembly Associate Essential Physical Demands
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping, and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work is performed in a manufacturing office environment with continuous exposure to noise
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
Means TransForm Products
Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, is an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; one manufacturing facility in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) , a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
We have implemented frequent cleaning, and require employees to wear masks onsite.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals