Multi-Skilled Journalist - #197278
Date: 06/08/2022 11:30 AM
City: Corpus Christi, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
KIII-TV in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is looking for a dynamic and engaging MULTI-SKILLED JOURNALIST to help share stories that shape the lives of people in the Coastal Bend.
The ideal candidate will be a storyteller at heart and use their gifts of shooting, writing and editing to improve our community and hold powerful people to account.
What You’ll Do:
- Enterprise stories and offer unique pitches with a focus on accuracy, adding proper context, including diverse voices, and telling stories that stand out from the competition
- Shoot, write, and edit multi-platform stories daily on deadline
- Develop contacts and sources within the community to help with original storytelling and breaking news reporting
- Front stories live from the field or studio with a strong on-camera delivery and ability to ad-lib
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping improve the lives of the people we serve. We plan to invest in you and your career. We want the station to be successful, but we also want to help you reach your career goals.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. And you’re never far from the beach. You can live downtown, live in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from having your toes in the water.
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree (preferred)
- Ability to work various shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Texas/regional knowledge a plus
- Long-term interest in investigative reporting a plus
- Knowledge of ENPS for scripting and Edius for editing a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!