Store Team Member - #242360
Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc
Date: 05/04/2021 18:00 PM
City: Wylie, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position: Sales Associate – Team Member
Career Level: Entry Level
Why Kwik Chek? :
Convenience retailing is the life blood of America. When times are tough – we are here. We rise to the occasion offering job growth and opportunity for you – and products and specials for the everyday Americans that come through our doors daily.
At Kwik Chek, our purpose is simple; every day and in every way, we strive to make our guests, team members, and communities better off for having known us. As we like to say, we “Leave ‘em better.”
Come be part of our team and help us take our business to another level and give back to the communities that give so much to us.
We expect our Sales Associates – Team Members to consistently exhibit the following:
- Value people and relationships that are of high character
- Be Safety-Driven
- Be positive and passionate
- Be curious and creative
- Be organized and methodical
- Be kind and caring
- Be penny-smart
- Be consistent
- Be hard working
What does the job look like? :
- Make people laugh, smile and let them know you genuinely care.
- Have a passion for serving people.
- Embrace being a team player and communicating well with others.
- Multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete guest-centered duties and provide our guests with a clean environment. Some of these will include the following areas:
- Clean pumps
- Fill windshield washer buckets
- Empty trash receptacle
- Pick up loose litter around the property
- Sweep and wash sidewalks and parking lot
- Ensure restroom cleanliness
- Store cleanliness inside; mopping, sweeping, dusting, etc……….
- Stockroom organization
- Store stocking, shelves, coolers, fountain drinks, coffee bar, etc…
- Responsible for all cash, merchandising, and equipment at the facility during the assigned shift.
- Responsible and accountable for monies received and disbursed during their respective shift either in the form of cash, credit cards, authorized checks or any other acceptable form of payment.
- Responsible for clocking in and out, which accurately indicates the hours personally worked.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding our prices
- Be reliable, punctual, honest, and have a good attitude.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resource.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
What skills will I need or what other requirements are expected of me?
- Physical Requirements: Be in good physical condition; you must be able to lift and carry objects of medium weight (50 lbs.). You must be able to reach and bend; have good eye and hand coordination; have a neat, well groomed appearance; and have good night-vision.
- Education and Experience: No prior experience or training is necessary.
- Language Skills: Possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write simple correspondence. Have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers and customers of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Posses the ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide.
- Reasoning Ability: Possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with situations as they arise in the normal operations of the location.
- Computer Operations: Basic personal computer skills.
- Planning/Organization: Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Manual Dexterity: Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Work Schedule/Hours: Anytime during normal store operating hours.