Manager University Access Control - #242364
Date: 05/04/2021 18:01 PM
City: New Plymouth, Ohio
Salary: $58,928 - $67,768 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Manage and maintain the University’s access control records, systems, devices, and inventory that includes the Athens campus and branch campuses. Partner with University Administration to establish and enforce standards for installation and function of access devices. Analyze access needs, safety, security vulnerabilities and take appropriate action to ensure the safety and security of Ohio University’s faculty, staff, students, guests, and assets. Assess security risks associated with the loss of keys or access control devices and recommend appropriate action. Consult with department leadership to advise best practices for managing key inventory and securing departmental assets. Supervises 1 full time Administrator, and 4 full time AFSCME Bargaining Unit Employees. Process internal billings for non-standard service work. Maintain appropriate shop inventory to ensure expedient response to any access issues.
1. Key Control – Analyzes departmental key systems and consults with departmental leadership to recommend keying strategies that are conducive to employee/asset safety and security. Oversees cutting and delivery of keys, manages core and key inventory records. Assesses security risks related to lost keys and provides recommendations on strategies to promote employee, guests, student, and asset safety and security. Provides assistance with promoting accurate key control and loss prevention/risk management. Facilitates issuance of keys/access control devices to contractors and vendors conducting work on University premises.
2. Electronic Programming – Processes departmental requests for employee, student, and guest access to various on line and offline access control devices. Ensures expiration dates are included to prevent extended authorized access beyond specified time limits. Coordinates with Human Resources and department leadership to remove separated individuals from access devices. Performs training and programming on Morse Watchman’s key banks and key watchers.
3. Systems Maintenance – Monitors University Access Control Systems (Basis, Key Pro, Key Stone, Blackboard) to ensure proper function of system components. Collaborates with University IT to ensure systems are maintained properly and that data is secure and backed up. Submits and tracks work orders to University IT when network issues create access device outages. Fields phone calls from University partners when access control devices are not functioning properly. Troubleshoot access systems to determine problem and/or create and track work orders for University Key Shop employees to manage repairs.
4. Consultation – Attends planning meetings and conferences to discuss University projects and ensure University Access Control design standards are being incorporated properly into renovations/new construction. Review architectural drawings to verify proper adherence to specified
standards and function. Provides direction and assistance with projects to ensure timely completion and security throughout project.
5. Budget Analysis – Collaborates with Finance to determine budget needs. Manages budget through careful analysis of spending. Processes internal billings for non-standard services provided to ensure department stays within budget.
Successful candidate must possess strong customer service skills and must also have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Associate’s degree or vocational or technical school degree
- Minimum of 3 years of work related experience (Examples of related work experience may include but are not limited to electronic programming, access control system maintenance, ability to use and program access control systems (KeyWatcher Pro) or similar system.)
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or managerial responsibilities.
**An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management