Warden - #242580
Date: 05/04/2021 21:00 PM
City: Whiteville, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CoreCivic is currently seeking a Warden who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is a diversified, government-solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. Within CoreCivic Safety, we provide high-quality corrections and detention management services. We operate safe, secure facilities that offer effective reentry programs and enhance public safety. CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job, but the start of a successful career
- A supportive environment where employment growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
With correctional, detention and reentry facilities nationwide, our facility leaders play an integral role as emissaries of our Purpose, Mission and Values to our partners, our employees and those entrusted to our care.
- The Warden has the overall responsibility for the assigned correctional/detention facility, including but not limited to, operations, staff, safety/security, inmates, and budget, in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established by CoreCivic executive management, corporate officers, and partner contract(s).
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Social or Behavioral Sciences or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of correctional work experience, with increasing responsibility, including two (2) years of experience at the Assistant Warden level or above is required.
- Additional qualifying full-time correctional supervisory experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the practices and principles of correctional facility management, pertinent correctional laws, rules and regulations, and the principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran