Customer Firmware Lead (-SK) - #242688
Date: 05/04/2021 22:30 PM
City: Nederland, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our Data Center NAND Division as a Customer Firmware Lead and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Customer Firmware Lead, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK hynix.
In this position, you will take on a lead role for customer engagements within the team responsible for customer firmware development on NSG Solid State Drive (SSD) products. This is an exciting opportunity to combine storage (SSD) and firmware technical knowledge with project management and people management skills to plan/execute/validate firmware development for enterprise SSDs. Along the way you will engage your own firmware engineering skills, balanced with program management responsibilities, while flexing your communication skills with external customers within the multi-site, multi-product engineering team. The primary responsibility is on customer engineering support from new feature development through end customer support. This position will interact with our customers directly in support of our business teams and product engagements.
As a customer firmware lead your responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Analysis and firmware development for internal and external (customer) specifications
- Perform failure analysis and debug customer issues
- Working with project stakeholders turning product requirements into development and validation plans
- Participate in and role model an Agile/Kanban development culture which emphasizes product quality, team accountability, and continuous improvement
- Perform project management for your assigned projects including backlog management, priority recommendation, assist in resource planning, and risk mitigation
- Coordinate priorities and activities with other engineering stakeholders to accomplish committed milestones
- Direct customer engagements bridging internal engineering and external customer discussion
- Travel to customer sites for technical discussions. Regular travel to partner Intel sites and customer locations targeted at up to 1 percent
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Listening skills, understanding and responding professionally to partner questions and issues while building trust
- Written and presentation skills
- History of self-starting and effective multitasking, with strong influencing and leadership skills
Colorado Pay Transparency Law requires that Intel discloses the compensation for jobs which could be performed in Colorado. Intel anticipates that the annual base pay range for this role in Colorado is [$111,000 - $166,390].
In addition to base pay, regular Intel employees are eligible for an Annual Performance Bonus (“APB”) and Quarterly Profit Bonus (“QPB”). Payout of APB is subject to eligibility and other program conditions as well as the Company’s performance to its operational and financial goals. Payout of QPB connects Intel’s employees to the quarterly profits of the Company. Employees in eligible sales and marketing positions receive commission in lieu of APB but are eligible for QPB. Information about these bonus programs as well as the host of expansive stock, health, retirement and vacation benefits offered to Intel employees are available at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html Interns and Intel Contract Employees are not eligible for APB or QPB or for some employee benefits including, but not limited to, disability, life insurance, retirement, equity and certain leave programs.
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Requirements listed below would be obtained through a combination of schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The candidate must have a BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related field
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Software or firmware development experience in an embedded systems environment
- Storage industry (SSDs or enterprise storage)
- Structured S/W development and practices, analytical problem solving, innovation and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Software/firmware development process including workflow and continuous integration validation
- Embedded development techniques and hardware and firmware tools
- NVMe and other enterprise storage protocols and products
- Project planning, estimation, and risk management
- Direct customer technical engagements
- Customer requirements definition, clarification, and technical assessment
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.