Credit Control Specialist - #242716
Informa Group Plc.
Date: 05/04/2021 23:00 PM
City: Sarasota, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The purpose of the role is to collect all monies owing to Informa within collections policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met and to also collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts.
You must be able to maintain a caring, efficient, knowledgeable and effective interface with customers and colleagues at all times, resolve customer queries and collect payments within credit terms whilst maintaining and enhancing hard won customer relationships.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Credit Control Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Ensuring customer portal is highlighted to customers when contacted
• Responsible for collecting all monies owing to Informa within credit control policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met
• Collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimize bad debts (SSC Specific)
• Build close internal and external relationships with Sales and customers
• Responsible for ensuring all customer contact notes are entered and updated into SAP or appropriate system
• Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due and contact customers to obtain payment before the event start date if applicable to your division
• To resolve queries in a timely fashion and collect aged debt with a view to minimizing bad debt provision
• Manage simple disputes through FSCM and escalate complex disputes to the Team Leader
• To achieve the monthly cash collection targets set for your specific section of accounts
• Responsible for looking after any unallocated cash items sitting on your set of accounts and work with the Cash Application team to have the monies applied if you are able to gain the appropriate back up from the customer.
• Responsible for providing weekly reports to the Business detailing current levels of debt if applicable for your division
• Provide/complete necessary documentation to customers to ensure the payment can be processed (vendor request forms, W9, W8, residency forms, tax exempt certificates, withholding tax certificates, etc.) (SSC Specific)
· Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
· Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
· Remain approachable under pressure
· Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
· Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
· Work as part of a team
· Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
· Pro-actively solve problems
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Good time management skills
· Ability to be flexible within role
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good knowledge and understanding of all Credit Control processes and best practice
· A thorough knowledge of SAP system preferable
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.