Line Clearance Foreman - #242805
Wright Tree Service
Date: 05/05/2021 00:00 AM
City: Motley, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our Brother s Keeper pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002. Wright Tree Service is currently seeking Foremen to start in the Brainerd, MN area.
- Supervise a line clearance crew and responsible for planning daily work.
- Assign work for individual crew members and direct crew in performing work according to accepted line clearance practices.
- Enforce safe work practices as experience, judgment, company policy, and as outlined by OSHA standards and conduct safety training in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Promote and maintain good customer and public relations through effective completion of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew.
- Receive and interpret tree trimming, removal, and chemical application orders initiated by General Foreman or Utility, involving an understanding of drawings and symbols, representing types of power lines, voltages, and line equipment.
- Responsible for being mindful of controlling crew costs, including effective use of manpower, proper work methods, amount of trimming, and operation of equipment.
- Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line, or powered trimmer lift truck, or work from the ground using saws/pruners. Cut branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with lines.
- Spray stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Load and unload trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris, and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on tree trimming or clearing crews and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews.
- Must have valid driver s license.
- Must be able to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL) and DOT medical card within 90 days of hire.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to handle stressful situations along with ability to multi-task.
- Maintain a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
- Must have valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
- Understanding of the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2000).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Number of Hours
Number of Hours
BENDING AT WAIST
Lift/carry demands may be routine as follows:
OVER 100 LBS
- Industry Leading Pay
- Ongoing Training & Credentialing
To apply, complete an application on our website through our careers tab. Pre-employment drug screen and valid driver s license required. Wright Tree is an equal opportunity employer.