Party Starter Sports & Social - Maryland - #242806
Maryland Live Casino
Date: 05/05/2021 00:00 AM
City: Hanover, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The Live! Party Starter is responsible and accountable for all aspects of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage sales and service to guests throughout the slots area of the gaming floor. Provides customer focus with a sense of pride unparalleled in the local market to enhance the experience of the guest during their visit to Live! Casino and Hotel.
New Sports & Social Bar at Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland!
- 13,775 square feet
- 100 foot media wall
- 47 foot big screen tv
- 40 HDTVs
- 2 large bars
- In-venue gaming tables overflowing onto the casino floor
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking and delivering an accurate drink orders in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Responsible to take beverage orders from guests and serve those orders accurately and in an expeditious manner.
- Maintain service areas in a clean and orderly manner, to include removing empty or unused service ware.
- Knowledge of products available for purchase.
- Knowledge of casino facility along with current and future Casino promotions and information with the ability to passionately speak to guests about the same.
- Responsible to have knowledge about guest limitations and company policy regarding limitations
- Ensure guest receive a favorable gaming experience by being unique and spontaneous
- Maintain an attractive appearance and model an appealing brand image
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as colors and facial features
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages, liquors, wines, beers and ales; portray an "ask me" image with knowledge.
- Knowledge of general bar equipment, Easy Bar System, ABC laws and regulations and gaming laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to "upsell" and recommend products to guests.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand basic instructions in English
- Ability to perform addition and subtraction, at a minimum
- Ability to make change from sales.
- Ability to reconcile and balance sales at the conclusion of the shift.
- Ability to strategically and efficiently maneuver throughout the service area while carrying a tray with service items.
- Able to handle situations that may arise due to intoxication and stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate with all departments and other team members.
- Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of alcohol.
- Ability to perform assigned job duties in an interruptive environment under frequent time pressures.
- Demonstrate poise in all actions, to include the highest levels of dignity and politeness.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year experience in beverage service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment; nightclub experience preferred.
- Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving whole body.
- Standing and walking for duration of shift.
- Repetitive lifting, carrying and balancing of service tray, up to 20 pounds using one hand.
- Bending and stooping
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.