Food Prep & Cashier at Blue Spring - #242844
Guest Services, Inc.
Date: 05/05/2021 00:30 AM
City: Orange City, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Food Prep & Cashier at Blue Spring
FOOD PREP AND CASHIER AT BLUE SPRING
Blue Spring State Park, managed by Guest Services, Inc., is now hiring part-time, seasonal food prep and cashiers for the 2021 season. The season runs from April through October and we are open 7 days a week. All staff are required to work at least one day a weekend. Apply today to join our All-Star Team!
The Cashier and Food Prep prepares ingredients, keeps the kitchen clean and orderly, and performs some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu. The employee is responsible for serving food, and receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintain foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste
- Prepare and arrange food for serving; ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Be alert, positive, and customer service oriented with customers and staff. Ask for and listen to customers' orders in a friendly and patient manner.
- Serve orders to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Clean counters, equipment, and general work area.
- Replenish and inventory food items and supplies in a cafeteria serving line, food bar, or storeroom.
- Cook short order items on a serving line and perform simple food preparation.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Assist with loading and unloading of inventory from trucks.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills quickly and accurately using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
- Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers' questions, and provide information on company products, promotions, and policies. Thank each customer.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain sales area with various supplies and products.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
- Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.