IT Service Resolution Analyst - #242945
Date: 05/05/2021 02:00 AM
City: Rochester, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The IT Service Resolution Analyst resolves IT Support issues of the highest complexity and acts as the Subject Matter Expert for all of Enterprise Support. They also routinely train and deliver feedback to all members of the IT Service Desk, including other IT business partners.
- Acts as a resource to the Service Partners and Consultants by researching and resolving higher complexity issues. Escalates issues and reports status to management as needed for further resources and problem resolution.
- Operates as Subject Matter Expert in multiple specific technology platforms in order to specialize and resolve issues quicker. Routinely shares information and updates across Support.
- Identifies and partners with end-users in order to enable business units to resolve issues quicker with IT through training and knowledge.
- Influences and acts as the immediate project coordinator with both business and IT partners in order to drive effective solutions to restore service.
- Recommends applications, and systems design modifications in appropriate cases for implementation. Identifies risks of doing so when necessary
- Manipulates and modifies various applications and utilities when needed to recreate incident scenarios in order to research and analyze problems and propose immediate or long term solutions or work around options to ultimately eliminate recurrence of the incident.
- Acts as the Lead contact for high impact issues to insure restoration of service is effectively met.
- Mentors new IT Service Consultants in order to share gained knowledge effectively throughout the organization.
- Escalates Service Level Agreement breaches to the Incident Manager and other IT management, as appropriate, in order to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to resolve the service issues.
- Updates, modifies or flags various reference manuals, knowledge bases, and publications used within Support and other I.T. groups in order to effectively share knowledge within the organization. Stays current on emerging products as well.
- Complies with internal and external auditing requirements, data integrity, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Provides input into the development of departmental training materials; provides technical and application specific training to the Service Desk function and less senior IT Incident Analysts in order to share knowledge.
- Participates in on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 coverage for critical services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business - Preferred
- 5 years of experience in Technical experience.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.