District Manager, Lubricants - #291658
Date: 06/11/2021 10:01 AM
City: New Salem, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Lubricants department for a District Manager, Lubricants. This position will be responsible for the sales and marketing of Cenex Branded lubricants for North Dakota. You must be detail oriented, have strong negotiating skills with excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and able to solve problems with creative solutions.
(This is a home office position). Ideal candidate will preferably live in the Bismarck, ND area, however, will consider top talent in other areas in North Dakota as well.
- Partner with key targeted accounts, engaging their commitment to develop and execute an account level growth plan which is reviewed on an annual, quarterly and/or monthly basis to meet the organic sales growth plan of the lubricants business unit.
- Promote the sales and marketing of lubricant products to targeted national accounts (direct sales).
- Manage the product and technical sales process, analyze targeted markets and prospect potential customers.
- Gain competitive knowledge, creating sales & marketing plans and drive growth in the different segments of the lubricant business, such as; agriculture, construction, trucking and industrial markets.
- Support customers’ sales resources in identifying and prospecting various market segments, making sales presentations, and will work closely with them in gaining new incremental business. • Provide account services, which ensure high post-sales satisfaction, and facilitate positive long-term relationships within the designated geographic area across multiple customer market channels.
- Build strong teamwork and relationships with external and internal customers and/or other departments.
- Manage resources effectively, clearly defining priorities and expectations.
- Travel 80% of the time within the designated territory.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of proven successful sales experience in lubricants to include one or more of the following:
- General knowledge of lubricants
- Selling concepts, products, and programs to a diverse customer base
- Negotiating win-win business solutions
- Building strong business relationships with customers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of proven successful sales experience in lubricants
- General knowledge of cooperative system
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Map Point and Access
- Ability and willingness to travel 80% of the time within the designated territory
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.