Traveling Onsite Surgical Equipment Repair Specialist - #291661
Date: 06/11/2021 10:01 AM
City: Kansas City, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
An Onsite Surgical Equipment Repair Specialist primarily works independently at customer sites, hospitals, and clinics, to provide cost-effective maintenance on company and customer owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets the customer's needs. You will perform operational verification, preventive maintenance, and corrective repair service. You will complete all associated documentation and customer communication in a timely manner.
The Traveling Onsite Surgical Equipment Repair Specialist will travel across the country to support the set-up of new customers and train Onsite Surgical Equipment Repair Specialists (OSERS).
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects and tests general surgery instrumentation to determine serviceability and condition for repair.
- Disassembles malfunctioning equipment and remove, repair, or replace defective parts.
- Keeps records of maintenance, parts, and repair.
- Performs preventative maintenance on instruments such as cleaning, lubricating, or adjusting.
- Coordination of proposal development, development of maintenance programs using company methods and models.
- Facilitates repair and maintenance transactions for providers including pick-up, delivery, quotation communication, repair status monitoring, and delivery of completed repairs.
- Coordinates periodic review of company performance with provider leadership.
- Develops trusted relationships with provider's teams and facilitate open communication.
- Uses a laptop to enter billing information and to communicate with home office and customers.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with medical equipment.
- Experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
- ISO 9001 knowledge helpful.
- ISO 13485 knowledge helpful.
- OSHA/safety training beneficial.
- Vision Requirement – good close vision and color vision.
- Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as emergency off hours as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer communication skills and a professional image.
- Efficiently able to manage workload to complete scheduled services.
- Willing to travel extensively to support business needs and objectives.
- Regularly required to sit on work stool, stand, bend and make precise coordinate movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble very small objects.
- Ability to safely drive a box truck or sprinter style vehicle.
- Ability to use digital calipers, grinding wheels, soldering irons, sand blasters, Dremel style tools, torches, and test equipment that will require good hand-eye coordination to execute tasks.
- Ability to work in a largely unsupervised environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Ability to self-motivate and realign priorities quickly.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and the company.
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws. In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti's investigation of such reports.
If you require assistance with your application, please contact email@example.com.
Primary Job Location:
Kansas City KS
Additional Locations (if applicable):
St Louis MO
Onsite Surgical Equipment Repair Specialist