Payroll Specialist - #291683
Exact Sciences Corporation
Date: 06/11/2021 10:01 AM
City: Arlington, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Payroll Specialist is primarily responsible for administrative payroll processes. This position will also assist in maintaining employee personnel files, provide back-up support to Payroll team, and provide administrative support to the Finance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the resolution of Time & Attendance discrepancies.
- Ensure manager approval of hourly timecards are completed in a timely manner
- Cross-train with the Payroll Associate II to ensure back-up support for payroll-related processes associated with that role.
- Assist with entering wage garnishment and support orders into the payroll system, and respond to orders when required. Scan and file original garnishment/wage order documents.
- Assist with entering 401(k) employee deferral changes into the payroll system and track 401(k) employee loans, track and file payroll journal entries and supporting documents.
- Complete requests for verification of employment and unemployment claim forms in a timely manner
- Distribute pay statements to employees.
- Assist with monitoring the shared payroll email inbox and respond to employee questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with the preparation of a variety of payroll reports.
- Document and maintain written payroll processes and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Company’s Employee Handbook policies.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to easily convey concepts and priorities.
- Ability to solicit feedback and inputs.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures
- Attend work regularly and reliably.
- Work designated schedule.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 90% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Associates degree in business administration or other field related to the essential duties of the position; or high school degree/general education diploma and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Associates degree.
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-focused role requiring attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to take on additional responsibilities while delivering successful results.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.