Administrative Assistant III - #291691
The Jackson Laboratory
Date: 06/11/2021 10:30 AM
City: Brooksville, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant III provides administrative support to the office of the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), primarily through providing front-desk coverage, supporting members of the senior HR management team, and overseeing assigned tasks and projects. The dynamic nature of this work environment requires exemplary time management, a customer service-oriented nature, strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, and competency in Mac and Windows operating systems. This highly visible position requires a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality, maintaining diplomacy and emotional intelligence in all interactions across a broad range of individuals, including members of the Senior Management Team, faculty, internal colleague/departments, and external vendors and stakeholders
- Provides administrative support to the CHRO as well as the broader HR team and serves as the back-up resource to the Executive Assistant, CHRO
- Covers front desk, managing and directing all incoming traffic (visitors, phone, mail, etc.), manages office supplies, invoices, expense tracking, time keeping duties for the department
- Manages schedules, prepares for meetings, and coordinates travel plans for senior HR management team
- Researches and prepares sensitive or confidential HR data for key initiatives, meetings and programs
- Assists with management of HR communications including sourcing information, proofing copy, formatting documents and presentations, and developing and updating website content
- Assists with the coordination of employee events
- High school diploma with 3+ years of experience in a professional administrative role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with a well developed emotional intelligence that supports the ability to adapt to a diverse scope of circumstances and individuals
- Advanced experience and proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications and virtual meeting and collaboration platforms (e.g., WebEx, Teams, etc.)
- Natural aptitude for organization, with a keen eye for detail, ability to multi-task & manage conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in a highly confidential and fast paced environment
- Flexible, reliable and proactive; willing to go above and beyond, placing customer service as the highest priority
- High degree of professionalism, initiative and independence
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.