Knowledge Management & Training Manager - #291717
Date: 06/11/2021 11:00 AM
City: Springdale, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The KMT Manager continually assesses and provides overviews of different departmental needs that can serve as a roadmap to our organizational development and business process strategies. This roadmap allows us to serve to identify the most crucial items that will bring about immediate results and that allows us to create a plan of longer-term strategy for organizational development, knowledge management, and process change that fits with scope, goals and budget.
- Creates, designs and implements training strategies, including videos, manuals, workshops, quick start guides, online sessions, classes and joint department practices
- Uses independent judgement for recommendations for training solutions, including off-the-shelf and customized material for existing and prospective customers, including participation in customer demonstrations; Draw overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations
- Creates procedure for team member tracking, measurement and evaluation.
- Researches technologies and tools for effective and efficient learning for internal and external audiences; Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Maintains and strengthens information exchange within internal knowledge systems and portals and improves the knowledge management structure of the company.
- Assists Product Managers and Department Managers with preparation and delivery of knowledge transfer materials and initiatives to internal and external audiences.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs and knowledge gaps through performance metrics, job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with department managers.
- Conduct effective induction and onboarding sessions for new hires.
- Conducts internal and external trainings as requested.
- Monitor and evaluate training program?s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report, as requested
- Attends development meetings to keep abreast of coming features/changes and build proactive training materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of Technical Writing Team
- Manages Help Menu; including all updates, revisions, etc.
- Trains internal staff on product and software releases.
- Creates easy to digest training manuals.
- Owner of Document Management System
- Membership on Customer Success Team, which includes completion of tasks in the following areas:
- Demo Preparation & Execution
- Document Creation
- Discovery Phases
Additional and/or Specific Skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid documentation skills.
- Must be highly organized - demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with laser focus on detail as well as proven project management experience with ability to establish and meet objectives on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Training, Organizational Development or other related field and 5+ years of successful teaching or training experience.
- 3+ years of successful experience managing a team.
- Ability to provide product demonstrations and configure software tools.
- Retail industry knowledge is helpful.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Call Center Noise.
- Medium phone exposure.
- Repetitive Typing.
- Travel up to 10% when needed to assist with completion of training deliverables.