Merchandiser Assistant - #291726
Empire Merchants North
Date: 06/11/2021 11:01 AM
City: East Windham, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 600 dedicated employees and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Merchandiser Assistant in Coxsackie, NY.
The primary responsibility of the merchandiser assistant is to receive, warehouse, distribute and manage POS materials. The division storage and distribution of samples as described in the sample procedure protocol.
Work hours are 8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri with ½ hr. lunch
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Associate handles the receiving of all POS, samples and deliveries that arrive at the Merchandising receiving area.
- Break down and divide POS to be stored or transferred out.
- Take pictures of incoming items for POS system.
- Organize and hand out POS for promotional agencies
- Create a daily transfer manifest for all outgoing POS.
- Update inventory of all POS on the Data Report (min 3 times per week)
- Distribute incoming packages (FedEx, UPS) to designated recipients in the office.
- Receive, separate and distribute samples and will-calls to sales reps and managers as described in the sample procedure protocol.
- Maintain accurate and up to date sample distribution records.
- Separate and organize rebates and shelf talkers. Distribute to other markets when needed.
- Help set up and break down salesroom for meetings.
- Recycle glass, plastic, metal in gaylord containers
- Bail cardboard and palletize for warehouse pickup.
- Follow all safety protocol (daily safety checks on machines and devices)
- Clean Merchandising office and rebate area (Sweep floors and maintain garbage)
- Wheel dumpster out for pickup and arrange second dump when needed.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college preferred.
- Will train.
- An understanding of wine & spirits is a plus
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems including presentation software (SAP a plus).
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Operation of a fork lift. (a plus but will train)
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (800) 724-3960.
EEO is the Law
Employee Rights - Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act