NA CMO Supplier Relationship Manager NA CMO Supplier Relationship Manager - #291732
Date: 06/11/2021 11:01 AM
City: Far Hills, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Posted Date: Jun 10 2021
NA CMO Supplier Relationship Manager
Locations: GSK Site in Canada or United States
- Incumbent will act as the principal point of contact for the business relationship for the assigned CMO’s
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure end-to-end oversight of assigned CMO’s, ensuring reliable on-going supply, quality, customer service, compliance and value for the life cycle of the contract (from selection of the supplier, technology transfer activities and management of commercial packaging activities) and across the life cycle of the product portfolio with the CMO’s.
- Develop beneficial relationships with the assigned contract manufacturers in order to deliver increased competitive advantage through lower cost, customer service & quality within the framework of the Manufacturing Supply Agreements (MSA) / SLA’s and Quality Assurance Agreements (QAA) with these CMO’s
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Execute CMO supplier strategy, proactively minimizing supplier base, and leverage preferred partners in line with Global supply/manufacturing network strategy and category strategies
- Lead strategic planning at the SRT level a/o by executing Integrated Business Plans (IBP) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) for long term strategic supply chains and products
- Ensure supply schedules are maintained and that product is delivered according to company needs, translating company strategic imperatives to actionable goals with the CMO’s and for the SRT
- Relationship Management
- Establish high performing, stable, compliant and cost effective relationships with the CMO’s and internal stakeholders ensuring clear roles and responsibilities are followed
- Build communication channels and governance structure for supplier relationships
- Drive adherence to the MSA, QAA and SLA agreements with suppliers, rigorously follow the designed operating rhythm, with periodic KPI revision and continuous improvement initiatives as per the applicable contracts/ agreements
- Establish and maintain the link (strategy, processes, tools) between local, regional and global organizations, to manage overlapping suppliers/products
- Ensure ongoing supply chain owners are following SRM principles in daily interactions with CMO’s and empower the SRT to think and act as part of the GSK Consumer Healthcare end to end value chain and CMO culture and processes.
Supply chain Operations
- Establish and maintain overview of metrics and performance measures to ensure that appropriate signals can be determined in a timely fashion to ensure resilience of supply chain (cost, compliance, customer service)
- Proactively manage risk (Supply disruptions and OTIFs) and develop mitigation plans with CMOs and execute the BC plan for the affected supply chains
- Ensure alignment on supplier strategies, negotiations and changes with functional heads and subject matter experts in the wider CMO community.
- Lead the Supply Chain for all product life cycle events ranging from new product introductions, portfolio extensionsationalization, technical and analytical transfers and pruning/ divestment) affecting or taking place at the assigned CMO’s
- Drives continuous improvement, cost savings ideation, cost avoidance, delivery and reporting and ensures timely reporting of results
- Drive sourcing consolidation opportunities to drive supply chain efficiency and improvements
People & Performance management
- Define targets and objectives of cross-functional team with corresponding functional heads and aligned with Global and Regional CMO targets.
- Manage and review SRT Team performance, priorities, project and best-in-class results (CSL, OTIF, OOS, Inventory, COGS reductions, savings …)
- Develop the talent pipeline a/o by coaching & developing the capabilities of team members
- Responsible for ensuring a fully compliant value chain (local as well as corporate rules & guidelines): QA elements such as GMPs, EHS, Financial and regulatory compliance
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree with Technical, Science or Business Degree with 5 years experience in Supply operations or Associates Degree with 10 years experience in Supply operations
- Experience in working in cross- functional teams and experience in people management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of applicable manufacturing and packaging processes (solid, liquid, cream, aerosol, powder, etc.) and/or requisite learning agility.
- Understanding of GMP and regulated consumer products or pharmaceutical manufacturing requirements.
APICS, GMP, IT/Software, ERP, Process excellence (lean/6 sigma)
Ability to navigate in ambiguous environment interactions with senior leaders, complex cross-functional challenges to be handled
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.