Electro - #291796
Date: 06/11/2021 12:00 PM
City: Decatur, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SUMMARY: Responsible for the design and implementation of robotic solutions, packaging machinery systems, and development projects from inception through design, testing, documentation and final release. Responsible for reliable machine designs that meet customers’ expectations of performance.
- Work with sales, applications, estimating, product management, and aftermarket to develop solutions that leverage current technology and apply new technology to deliver machine designs that meet the customer’s needs.
- Responsible for innovative machine design in SolidWorks
- Responsible for robot programming.
- Maintain a team environment with a focus on standards and collaboration.
A. Defines performance specifications (machine and functional), analyzes alternatives and selects design options which assure proper performance, reliability, safety and manufacturing economy.
B. Responsible for on-time and on-budget completion of all projects assigned to him/her.
C. Responsible for insuring that his/her commitments to sales, service, manufacturing, parts departments and company subsidiaries are met as expected.
D. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of engineering releases that enables the company’s manufacturing department to complete orders in an orderly and timely manner.
E. Maintains a work ethic and professional demeanor that, by example, supports the successful execution of the company’s Engineering Department’s assignments.
F. Insures that project documentation, e.g. project reports, drawings, and timesheets are regularly reported, correct, and complete.
G. Provides design guidance and direction to designers and engineers with an emphasis on value, quality, and safety.
H. Carries out additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess a BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of electro-mechanical machine design experience using applied servo motion controls
- Must have 2+ years of experience using SolidWorks
- System design including electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, component sizing and selection, etc.
- Robotics end effector design experience and ability to program robotic applications
- Experience selecting, configuring, programming, and maintaining PLCs and computer control systems.
- Experience designing HMI’s.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.