Behavioral Technician Supervisor - #291805
New Hope Ranch
Date: 06/11/2021 12:01 PM
City: Manor, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
How We Help
New Hope Ranch is a residential treatment center focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment, and reintegration for people suffering from substance abuse. Services are provided on our beautiful 49-acre ranch just 15 minutes from downtown Austin Texas
New Hope Ranch’s mission has two basic purposes: to improve social behavior and enhance personal recovery and growth. The organization has a culture of innovation that thrives on the creation of new services that meet the community’s needs while maintaining effectiveness, excellence, and professionalism. New Hope Ranch values an integrated system of high-quality care focused on best practices, easy access to services, and providing a full range of services in an efficient manner.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
If you are looking for a career where your work truly makes a difference, you’re in the right place. New Hope Ranch is looking for a BH Technician Supervisor for our amazing residential treatment center in Manor, TX
As our Behavioral Technician Supervisor, you will work closely with a team of amazing professionals who specialize in providing the highest level of care to our patients. The Supervisor schedules staff to meet facility needs, trains staff to competently perform job duties, and hires RA staff as well as conducts disciplinary action for staff. From admission through discharge, you make the difference.
- Adheres to all New Hope Ranch Policies and Procedures.
- Conducts self in a manner that represents New Hope Ranch values at all times.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about departmental and New Hope Ranch concerns.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Responsible for scheduling the RA staff to ensure all gaps in the schedule has coverage.
- Responsible for the creation of training materials and conducting training sessions for new hires to ensure RA staff is performing effectively.
- Establishing and communicating clear standards for successful performance.
- Identifying job performance or behavior that does not meet standards and offering feedback in a timely manner, including disciplinary actions.
- Creating clear action plans to help employees achieve successful performance
- Responsible for working in collaboration with the Operations Manager of the facility in overseeing the management of the daily duties of the facility RAs while demonstrating ethical and professional conduct.
- Oversee compliance of applicable components with regulatory standards (e.g. Joint Commission).
- Ensures that the RAs adhere to safe care of the patients adhering to policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Participates in regulation of work and paper flow, including the patient registration.
- Participates in recruitment, retention and training of technician staff.
- Responsible for working in collaboration with the Operations Manager on the schedule including permanent staffing and temporary/per diem staffing.
- Appropriately documents clinical and administrative work.
- Delivers appropriate indirect and selected direct patient care at a competent level as directed by a program manager and/or director, physician, registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse within the scope of approved Resident Aide skills inventory according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, expedite and promote quality patient care; employs critical thinking skills when identifying and responding to patient needs.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies/procedures/standards of care.
- Promotes individual professional growth/development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education/skills competency; supports department goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor/mentor/resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs basic housekeeping duties during course of shift, including but not limited to, cleaning rooms and bathrooms (toilets, sinks, showers), cleaning microwaves, cleaning dirty utility rooms, doing laundry, sweeping and mopping floor, trash collection, making beds, etc.
- When required to transport patients:
- Prior to transporting patients, ensure that there are no alert signals active (i.e., check engine light, TPMS system, etc.) and that tires are properly inflated in accordance with manufacturer standards.
- Accompany and transport patients as assigned.
- Arrives promptly and ensures patients prompt arrival for appointment.
- Follows vehicle operation rules.
- Practices defensive driving techniques
- Be able to verbalize protocol for transportation safety and for management of out-of control behaviors.
- Reports to Nursing and Lead Therapist concerns and/or issues related to clients’ transportation.
- Allows patient to maintain control; involves patient in decision-making and planning of care, as appropriate to condition and situation.
- Encourages participation in care and family support
- Recognizes abuse/neglect potential.
- Recognizes/respects concerns over interruption of work/plans/separation from family, etc.
- Recognizes fears regarding potential life style changes.
- Encourages verbalization of fears and anxiety; maintains age-appropriate communication
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
This is a full-time position that will work Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and oversees a 24/7 department.
- Should be experienced as a Resident Aide or Mental Health Technician, preferably in the field of chemical dependency and/or behavioral health.
- Possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (CPR and First Aid) certification, along with SAMA, CTI, or CPI certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted, Class C Texas driver’s license.
- Knowledge of industry standards as related to the position of Resident Aide.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/